You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time with Rachel Penate.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
St. Paul of the Cross Parish in Park Ridge is searching for an energetic, creative and outgoing individual to fill the position of Coordinator of Youth Ministry. Reporting directly to the Pastor, this position will be responsible for reaching out to the youth of our faith community, for providing catechesis and continuing instruction in the catholic faith, for integrating the faith of the youth into their everyday life and for developing opportunities for the youth of the parish that will create a spirit of service to the poor, disadvantaged and marginalized.
This individual will also assist in the planning of liturgical celebrations in the parish as related to youth ministry and will collaborate with other ministries in the parish, particularly as it relates to the religious instruction and catechesis of middle school and high school students from the parish. This person will strive to identify, affirm and call forth the gifts and talents of youth and young adult leaders in the parish and integrate them into the youth ministry program
The ministry of the youth minister is directed towards the high school teens of the parish so that they will be engaged with their faith and with their parish community. To this end, the youth minister should strive towards three key objectives:
1. The Faith dimension which enables the teens to grow in their understanding of their faith, to learn skills in good moral decision making and to develop their spirituality and a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. The Social dimension which fosters friendships among the teens through social activities so that they find support in their personal lives.
3. The Service dimension that offers the teens avenues to reach out to the poor and the needy in response to the call of Jesus to serve our brothers and sisters.
In order to achieve these three goals, the parish proposes the following initiatives:
1. The Faith Dimension
• Two Teen Masses a month at which the teens will take the lead by being lectors, Eucharistic ministers, and altar servers;
• Bi-weekly meetings with the teens, preferably after the 5:30 pm Mass on Sunday;
• The strengthening of the teen choir that will sing at Teen Masses;
• At least one Kairos Retreat a year as well as another retreat; and,
• One of the two monthly meetings will feature a presentation on issues of faith, the Bible, morals or youth culture done by priests or others so that the teens can grow in the understanding of their Catholic faith.
2. The Social Dimension
• Activities within the parish such as gym nights, game nights, or movie nights;
• Organizing events for the parish community such as a pancake breakfast;
• Activities outside the parish such as the ski trip; and,
• Maintaining constant contact with all the teens through social media.
• Periodic Visits to our teens in their high schools
3. The Service Dimension
• A minimum of two service trips a year;
• One service opportunity a month for the teens – from a simple activity like making sandwiches for the homeless to the more involved initiative of going to a soup kitchen or to a food pantry.
• In ministry all of us are acting as official representatives of the Church. As such, our speech and our actions should always reflect the teachings of the Church. Besides, we need to bear in mind that our teens are living through a vulnerable phase in their faith life and as ministers we are here to strengthen and not to confuse their faith.
• The youth minister also should find ways to get certified either by taking on-line courses in youth ministry from a Catholic university and/or by participating in the programs offered by the archdiocese.
• One of the most important tasks of the youth minister is to go out to the youth rather than wait for them to come to the parish. The youth minister will make every effort to maintain an up-to-date database of the teens in the parish, and also to meet them at their high school events such as sporting events, concerts and plays. In order to bring them to the parish, the minister must meet them outside the parish.
• The youth minister is expected to engage at least 150 to 200 different teens in various activities/events during the year. We have over 1200 high school teens in the parish and the parish would like to see at least one sixth of the population in one initiative or the other offered by our youth ministry.
• A degree in youth ministry or theology will be preferred even though for someone with adequate experience in youth ministry, the lack thereof may be waived.
• Familiarity with Life Teen Ministry will be beneficial.
• Must be a practicing Catholic who lives out their Catholic beliefs and values.
• Individual should be adept at all forms of contemporary social media and relate well to teens and young adults and collaborate with other parish staff.
• Musical talent would be highly beneficial but not specifically required. Previous experience in youth ministry is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
The position is full time, benefits eligible. Salary and benefits are negotiable and dependent on academic training and preparation as well as previous experience.
St. Paul of the Cross is a Roman Catholic Parish of the Archdiocese of Chicago located in Park Ridge, Illinois, north of Chicago. Our parish has over 4,700 registered families, with approximately 650 students attending St. Paul of the Cross School, and 1,300 students attending our religious education program. Liturgy is vibrant at St. Paul. We have simultaneous Masses in our Upper Church and Holy Family Chapel on the weekends. Our campus also includes a Perpetual Eucharistic Adoration Chapel. We recently celebrated our 100 year Anniversary as a parish. We are happy to welcome newcomers to the parish and the Catholic faith. We hope you will take some time to explore our site and learn more about us.
Submit a resume with a cover letter:
Parish Business Manager
Please put YOUTH MINISTRY POSITION in the subject line
Via regular mail:
YOUTH MINISTRY POSITION
St. Paul of the Cross Parish
320 S. Washington, Park Ridge, Illinois 60068
Call: 847-825-7605 for questions