You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection Video on the 21st Sunday in Ordinary Time with Amanda Grubbs.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
Youth ministry flows from and to the sacraments. This training won't just be about the logistics of ministry. It'll be about renewing your relationship with Christ. We’ve compiled our best training material for Edge Ministry into one weekend. XLT, Mass, incredible general sessions, and seasoned youth ministry experts make this a training you won't soon forget.
Have you ever looked in the mirror and not liked what you saw? Well, you are not alone. More than a Pretty Face shares the real life story of a young woman who struggled to believe she was beautiful. This is a story full of ups and downs, tears and laughter; a story that is honest, funny, and encouraging.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Ellisville, MO
This full-time position undertakes the challenge of organizing and coordinating the youth ministry efforts of St. Clare of Assisi so that high school and junior high parishioners are given every opportunity to experience the life-changing power of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Collaboration will be expected with a variety of staff and parishioners.
• To foster the personal and spiritual growth of each young person
• To draw youth to a fuller involvement in the life of faith, most especially in the sacramental and communal life of our parish and the greater Catholic Church.
• To empower youth to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in the world today.
• To prepare youth for a healthy, faith-filled adult life.
• To encourage the consideration of a religious vocation.
• Be an active, committed, faith-filled Roman Catholic.
• Possess a solid understanding of the Catholic Faith and adhere to all the teachings of the Catholic Church.
• Be able to teach and share the Catholic Faith.
• Have leadership experience with youth and possess strong organizational skills.
• Have the skills needed to manage a budget.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Leadership Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with the youth, parents, pastor, associate, parish staff, and core team to assess the existing programs and direct future youth ministry programming.
• Collaborate with the Archdiocesan Youth Office to maintain an awareness of Archdiocesan resources, programs and guidelines.
• Coordinate and promote the Youth Ministry Program as a part of the St. Clare of Assisi Parish Family.
• Recruit and train volunteers to assist the Youth Ministry Program.
• Participate in professional development and continuing education programs.
• Maintain an ongoing knowledge of trends and resources in youth ministry.
• Invite, gather and lead the youth regularly planned programs, (EDGE, Wednesday Night Prayer, Sunday Night Program)
• Invite, gather and lead the youth for regularly planned programs. (EDGE, Wednesday Night Prayer, Sunday Night Program)
• Work with the D.R.E. to plan all Confirmation events, including Luke 18 retreat.
• Work with the School and PSR principals to reach out to middle school students.
• Gather the teens for Mass at 5pm every Sunday.
• Plan and execute Life Night Sunday’s every Sunday after Mass
• Plan and execute weekly Wednesday Night Prayer Group at 7:30 pm
• Plan and promote XLT (an evening of worship, catechesis/witness. and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament on the third Thursday of each month, held regionally.)
• Promote and execute an annual Spring and Fall Retreat.
• Plan and execute weekly Wednesday Night Prayer Group at 7:30pm.
• Promote and chaperone an annual trip to Springfield Missouri, for the Steubenville Youth Conference
• Promote and chaperone an annual trip to Washington DC for the March for Life (if there is an interest).
• Be accessible during the week to provide opportunities and appropriate settings for the youth to come for discussion of current events and/or personal crises.
• Be a coordinator for the yearly Rummage Sale.
• Maintain close contact with students, parents, administrators, and campus ministers of area high schools.
• Establish and maintain regular and appropriate communications with high school students and middle school youth, utilizing various means of communication.
• Establish and maintain regular communication with the entire parish regarding the youth ministry program.
• Maintain a high visibility in the Saint Clare of Assisi day school and PRS program.
• Attend High School games and activities of the parish youth.
• Prepare, develop and manage an annual budget.
• Account for all youth ministry expenses.
• Organize and manage fundraising while researching the availability of and apply for appropriate donations and grants in support of the youth ministry program.
• Manage and report on all Rummage sale expenses and revenue.
St. Clare of Assisi Parish offers a competitive salary based on years of experience and educational formation. In addition, we offer health insurance, dental insurance, as well as a retirement plan. The Coordinator of Youth Ministry will have appropriate office space and all essential materials provided by the parish.
St. Clare of Assisi is a parish of the Archdiocese of St. Louis, located in Ellisville. It is a large and vibrant parish of nearly 2000 families. Our school enrollment is currently at 300 students in grades Pre K – 8 and our Parish School of Religion enrollment is 243 students.
The Youth Ministry program at St. Clare of Assisi focuses on fostering the spiritual growth of each young person by cultivating a Sacramental life with a deep appreciation of the Roman Catholic faith. The Youth Ministry Program is founded on the Gospel and seeks to inspire the hearts of the youth with the goal of forming life-long disciples who are Alive in Christ.
Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to Msgr. Kevin Callahan at firstname.lastname@example.org OR by mail to:
St. Clare of Assisi Parish
Attn: Msgr. Kevin Callahan
15642 Clayton Rd.
Ellisville, MO 63011-2398