You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on Ascension Sunday with Leah Murphy.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
God wants to transform your heart every day, but He especially wants to transform it when you encounter Him at Mass.
Let Ascend help prepare your heart to encounter Christ in the readings at Mass.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Raleigh, NC
St. Francis of Assisi Church in the Diocese of Raleigh, NC, seeks a passionate, dynamic individual to be a part of its pastoral staff as the Coordinator of Middle School Formation. In collaboration with the ten-member Formation Team, this individual will plan and lead youth ministry and formation events for youth in grades six through eight, as well as oversee the preparation for and celebration of the sacrament of Confirmation. Through small-group model ministry, retreats, social events, and camps, the Coordinator will work with the existing adult core team to bring Catholic teaching to life. This position also offers a unique opportunity to minister alongside the Franciscan friars of the Holy Name Province, with a heavy emphasis on social justice.
This is a full-time position, with excellent benefits, and salary commensurate with experience. Candidates who desire to be a part of a truly collaborative team at a large, innovative, post-Vatican II parish should submit an email letter of introduction and resume to Jennifer Fiduccia, Director of Formation, at email@example.com by April 23, 2017. See below for extensive job description. For information about the parish, visit www.stfrancisraleigh.org.
COORDINATOR OF MIDDLE SCHOOL FORMATION – St. Francis of Assisi Church, Raleigh, North Carolina
The Coordinator of Middle School Formation, in collaboration with members of the Formation Team, will
• Strategically plan and lead formation for youth in grades 6 through 8
• Coordinate sacramental preparation and celebration for Confirmation
• Provide integrated support and resources for families with youth to empower parents to succeed in their role as first teachers of faith and engage families in the parish community
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborates with Director of Formation to evaluate and refine middle school ministry programs and curriculum including small group-based formation events, retreats, service learning opportunities, and Mercy Camp
• Leads the Middle School Youth Ministry Core Team (adult volunteers) in planning and executing ministry sessions, fellowship events, retreats, and service opportunities
• Acts as the lead onsite presence for all middle school formation programs, retreats, events.
• Coordinates sacramental preparation and celebration for Confirmation and other sacraments as needed in conjunction with the Formation Team
• Coordinates the Teen Helper component of the Vacation Bible School Program
• Collaborates with middle school religion personnel of The Franciscan School to share ideas and resources, and to encourage participation in Formation programs
• Collaborates with the Coordinator of Children’s Formation to ensure a seamless transition from elementary to middle school ministry Formation programs
• Collaborates with the Coordinator of High School Formation to ensure a seamless transition from middle to high school ministry
• Collaborates with the Formation Team to bring all Formation programs to life
• Cooperates with the Diocesan Office of Youth Ministry to provide greater opportunities for our youth and support the mission and vision of the diocese
• Builds relationships with and provides resources to parents to empower them to be the first formers of faith
• Assists to develop the Formation budget and adheres to the budgetary guidelines
Other Duties and Responsibilities
• Adheres to parish and diocesan guidelines as outlined in the Employee Handbook and Safe Environment policies
• Handles confidential information with tact and discretion
• Participates in staff meetings as directed, staff gatherings, and annual staff retreat
• Performs other functions as necessary or as assigned, such as Staff Presence at liturgy
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must possess a college degree
Must be an active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic
Dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of a vision of the Church as promoted by the Second Vatican Council
Strong relational and pastoral skill set
Experience in educational setting and/or parish setting
Experience in motivating and mobilizing volunteers
Experience in basic data management, project planning, and time management
Language and Writing Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents and reports
Ability to create correspondence, ministry communications and other documents
Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups and individuals
Ability to apply computer skills for electronic communications, print materials, database, and other communications processes
Must possess excellent organizational skills
Experience with MS Office and Publisher
Ability to interpret ministry budgets.
Ability to define needs, collect data and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, see, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to operate office equipment such as computer, phone, printer, and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to perform duties in the parish office and is required to meet with representatives of other organizations in other locations.
The employee regularly performs light work to lift, transport, and/or carry materials such as learning supplies, books, and lightweight furniture.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
St. Francis of Assisi Church is a dynamic, post-Vatican II parish of 5000+ families serving greater Raleigh, NC. Staffed by the Franciscan friars of the Holy Name Province, the parish and K-8 school are heavily focused on social justice.
Inspired by our patron Francis of Assisi,
we seek to proclaim the reign of God by
growing in Holiness
through our experience of Christ
in word, sacrament and one another,
to those who hunger for human dignity, and
extending Hospitality to all.
Submit an email letter of introduction and resume to Jennifer Fiduccia, Director of Formation, at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 23, 2017.