You're using an outdated browser. Update your browser for the full Life Teen experience.
Summit reflection video on Ascension Sunday with Leah Murphy.
Covecrest is more than a retreat center and summer camp. Covecrest is a community of Catholics committed to transforming teens, transforming parishes, and transforming culture. Will you join us?
Hidden Lake is home to an incredible Catholic community, gorgeous views, welcoming meeting spaces and so much more. Dedicated to leading teens closer to Christ, we hope you'll be welcomed home to Hidden Lake soon.
For over 10 years Life Teen Inspiration has brought together thousands of Catholic teens for an unforgettable Saturday that proves that faith and fun fit together. This is your chance to kick-start a new year of youth ministry this fall! Registration for Inspiration San Antonio and Inspiration Los Angeles is now open!
The Catholic Youth Ministry Convention provides a beautiful mix of practical, comprehensive training and spiritual renewal. Daily Mass, Eucharistic Adoration, Reconciliation, praise and worship, and other times of prayer are staples of CYMC and by the end, youth leaders will leave knowing they are not alone, but a part of a greater community that is ready to help and support them. Registration is now open!
God wants to transform your heart every day, but He especially wants to transform it when you encounter Him at Mass.
Let Ascend help prepare your heart to encounter Christ in the readings at Mass.
You are going to make thousands of decisions today and one of them might change your life. Are you confident that what you want and what God want are the same thing? Don’t leave it up to chance - leave it in the hands of the Holy Spirit.
This is your one stop shop for great Catholic books, community, gifts, events, music, and resources. We are here to serve.
Edge helps middle schoolers unleash who they were created to be, in Christ.
Life Teen strengthens our teens' Catholic identity, while rooting them firmly in Christ and in His Church.
College Life is a simple online series-based solution to the problem of keeping students connected to their Catholic faith in college.
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
General Statement of Duties
The Associate Director for Youth and Young Adult Ministries in the Office of Evangelization & Catechesis of the Catholic Diocese of Baton Rouge seeks to foster within all young people and those who minister to them a deeper, life-giving relationship with Jesus and the Church. The Associate Director strives to provide the vision and leadership necessary to serve parish youth and young adult ministry efforts in a culturally diverse church, according to the goals and objectives outlined in the United States Catholic Bishops’ documents Renewing the Vision and Sons and Daughters of the Light.
Education and Experience Requirements
• Master’s degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Education or a related field required.
• Minimum of five years direct experience at the parish or diocesan level working with youth ministry programs, adolescents, young adults, and adults who minister to youth.
• National certification in Youth Ministry preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the United States Catholic Bishops’ document “Renewing the Vision” and pertinent documents and their application in ministry with young people in the United States is required.
• Due to the nature of this position, it is required that the incumbent be a practicing Roman Catholic who is registered and active in a parish and possesses a working knowledge of Catholic teachings and doctrine.
• Ability to relate to the catechizing and evangelizing component of youth and young adult ministry in collaboration with the Office of Evangelization & Catechesis.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in handling difficult and/or sensitive situations, with ability to maintain strict level of confidentiality and discretion as required by diocesan policy and legal requirements.
• Ability to effectively recruit, train, and support the youth, young adults, adults who minister to young people, and parishes/schools of the Diocese of Baton Rouge.
• Ability to develop, plan, coordinate, and implement training programs to teach leadership skills.
• Ability to teach, facilitate online courses, and train others to facilitate online coursework.
• Technological, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills required.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of the Charter for the Protection of Young People.
• Large-scale event planning, record keeping/administration and attention to detail required.
• Requires working weekends and evenings regularly.
The personnel of the administrative departments of the Diocese of Baton Rouge collaborate with the bishop in his work of evangelizing, catechizing, leading worship and giving pastoral care to the people of the larger community, and support the parishes, schools and other organizations of the diocese in accomplishing their ministry.
Please submit letter of interest, resume, and references email@example.com
Application Deadline is Friday, May 26, 2017